Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Coffee Table Upcycle!


Well since this post is about COFFEE tables, I found this picture to be somewhat fitting. Mostly I found it to be hilarious, but that's neither here nor there. I'm sure someone else will find this as equally amusing as I did.


Okay here we go, onto the first coffee table. This one I loved, loved, loved. But the colors in my living room are brown, turquoise, and orange. (Odd colors you may think, but they look phenom) So needless to say RED wasn't going to work for me, not like I needed a coffee table, I have a nice one, but I really liked this one. Whatever, here's some pictures.




Nice pictures huh? My fancy camera did good! I painted this red one with homemade chalk paint, covered in clear & dark annie sloan wax. Boom, boom, DONE. Love the basketweave around the base of the table. So charming. Me likey very much!


Now onto the next table (AND matching side table) These picture's are not as nice. Don't judge. The furniture still rocks!





This set sucked. Well not really the set, the coffee table was a piece of cake. The side table. UGHHHHH. Give me the heebie jeebies. I found some spider egg sacs lodged in the lattice work on the front doors, so I shop-vac'd them out, nbd. I got to thinking about what the bottom might look like. I know spideys like dropping sacs wherever they can. And lo and behold... there were about 15 sacs under there. Mommy spider too. I just about went into a full blown panic. No, not panic. It was terror. What if they hatched? Like right at that exact moment?? Hundreds? THOUSANDS of spiders? Hell to the NO. No. nope. No thank you. I grabbed the shop vac again and just annihilated the little family. No regrets. I don't do spiders, june bugs, locusts, or bees/wasps. I will run and scream like a little baby. I will use you as a human shield. I don't care if I look ridiculous. Those bugs just utterly terrify me. I will cry. Ok, no more bugs, bug rant over. No more sacs = happy, beautiful, CLEAN end table! Yay! Now someone buy it in case I missed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment