Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Clever Title

Chevron Dresser
 
 
One of my absolute, most favorite pieces I have done! Look at it. Just look. Did you look?? My eyeballs are heart shaped right now. So this thing was FREE. It was an ugly little duckie. Sticky stuff, hideous knobs, looked like it had been chewed on. It may have been ugly but it was definitely not trash worthy!
 
 
 
I have pretty much mastered the chevron pattern thanks to the carpenter's block. Easy peasy, takes me like NO time at all now. So that's good! Might make it one of my little trademark pieces. Add a little chevron here & there, I like it. I like the big, bold chevron though, not the zig zaggy all over the place chevron. There's a diference. I think. Whatever, I cleaned this thing up, removed the knobs, got the base coat on then got this thing taped up. Sounds easy, right?
 


 
The hardest part was cutting the tape with a razor blade and trying not to scrape any paint off. I had to tape it while it was all put together so everything would be exact, then I went and cut the drawers out. I don't know how to describe my process sometimes so I hope you can understand what I am saying. After taping, I did one more coat of white just in case anything were to seep under the tape, at least it would be white and you wouldn't notice. Got that done, painted it mint. Went to the hardware store to pick up knobs and thought "How cute would mis-matching the knobs be?!" then I thought "VERY cute!" SO I did that. I bought all sorts of knobs. Put them on and it turned out pretty stinkin cute. Voila!
 
Here is kind of a before & after, minus the knobs. I don't know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment