Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm Engaged :)

I have been gone way too long and I am so sorry. But life has been busy with the new job, and now I get to add wedding planning to my to-do list!! YAY! We went on a family vacation in February to Sun Valley, Idaho for a little skiing, and I came back with something VERY sparkly!




It's about damn time, I must say. We met in college and started dating early of 2005, took a little time apart for a couple years, got back together, found out we were having a baby, gave birth to our beautiful daughter in 2009 and he asked me to marry him the day after Valentine's day of this year!

Here's how it went down - we were skiing in Sun Valley, and there are 2 major mountains to ski on. Dollar Mountain, which is more for beginners or those people who like doing tricks, and then there's Baldy which is normally too icy for me. Adam wanted to spend a day at Baldy so we took a trip over there and Kinsley and I stayed in the lodge while he snowboarded that day. He came down and decided he wanted to take us to lunch at the restaraunt that is up in the mountain and you have to take a gondola to. So we rode the gondola up, and ate lunch with his brother and his brother's fiance and had a couple bottles of champagne. Lunch was over and it was time to go, but we decided to check out the view on the deck when this cutie decided to give me a little white box....


Adam took the easy way out and didn't get down on one knee because he was holding her while she was holding out the ring, and how can you say no to a face like that?! It was all really simple but that's exactly how I wanted it to be, so it was perfect :)

This is the view of where we got engaged....

Breathtaking!
So, that was the highlight of my trip to Idaho... obviously. But here are a couple of random pics from the trip.

Daddy and Kinsley ice skating!

My lil sweetie on Valentine's Day holding her new pink sock monkey, she loves sock monkeys.

She is such a champ! Look at her go! She didn't do so well on the ice though ;)


I had a blast, and now that I have a wedding to plan I will do my best to share all my ideas on here with everyone.


One more thing, I went to try on wedding dresses the other day, just for fun. We went to TWO places, the first one I found a couple ones I liked, but didn't love. And as I was leaving I told my sister and my best friend that I really really wanted a dress that had a lace top with a fun tulle bottom and buttons in the back.... so we made a trip to David's Bridal and I decided I should call my mom to have her come look at dresses with us. And I tried it on. I found my dress in one day, and only had to go to TWO places!!! It is everything I wanted, lace, tulle, buttons... everything. So my dress is ordered and will be here in 6 weeks!! And here is a preview for all of you.... just don't share this with Adam. duh.

Oh Vera... how I love thee!!! 



Life doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment