Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Chalk Paint - first attempt!

Chalk Paint Side Table


I have heard many wonderful things about chalk paint and in all reality I have been wanting to try it forever. The only thing that held my back was the price. I decided before I attempted making it myself or buying a giant, expensive can, I would give one of the sample sizes at home depot a try. And I am really glad I did! This stuff is great. No sanding AND no priming... I'm in. So I may have not splurged on the paint at all, but to finish it off I definitely splurged on the wax. Let me tell you, Annie Sloan ain't cheap! Over $50 for 2 cans of wax, all I could think was "This better work and be the most amazing thing in the history of ever" And I have to say, the distressed look is phenomenal. I couldn't do that without this wax, there is no way. I hate sanding, plus I'm not that great at it. But with the chalk paint and texture on the furniture, you don't have to do much to get that great, antique finish. SO I am SOLD on this chalk paint. Count me in. Next time I will try making my own though, just out of pure curiosity.



Before the wax


 
 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment