Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Popsicle Workout

You guys are in for a treat. Two posts in one day!! Double your pleasure, double your fun! I mentioned this workout in my previous post and want to post it while it's fresh in my mind otherwise it won't happen.
 
THIS IS THE POPSICLE WORKOUT!
POPSICLE WORKOUT!
POPSICLE WORKOUT!
(echo, echo, echo)

My kickass coffee cup that I keep my workouts in.
 
I've started a little beginners workout program that I do in my home. I call it the Popsicle Workout because you're supposed to write all these down on popsicle sticks but who really has those laying around the house? Not I. So I cut a bunch of paper into strips and wrote my random exercises on those. I draw about 5 at random everyday, sometimes more if I don't feel challenged enough. But here is the list of what I have written down, this is EVERYTHING, so if anyone has anything they recommend adding please let me know down in the comments.
 
 

And here's the list:
  • weighted oblique reach 10 reps, 3x on each side
  • "the hydrant" 10 reps, 2x each leg
  • front raises 10 reps 3x
  • opposite arm & leg raise 15 reps, 3x
  • shoulder press 10 reps, 3x
  • standing diamond 10 reps, 3x
  • single leg stretch 5-10 reps ea. side
  • ballet twist 6-8 reps, 2x
  • 25 jumping jacks
  • 40 jumping jacks
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • plié 10 reps, 2x
  • curtsy lunges 10 reps each side, 2x
  • lateral arm raises 10 reps, 3x
  • upright rows 10 reps, 3x
  • bicep curls 15 reps, 3x
  • shrugs 10 reps, 3x
  • 10 push ups (i'm horrible at push ups so I'm starting low)
  • chair dips 10 reps, 3x
  • tricep curls 10 reps, 3x
  • squats to overhead press 15 reps, 2x
  • squats 15 reps, 2x
  • 50 squats
  • side leg raises 10 reps, 3x each side
  • 30 sit ups
  • 20 crunches
  • 40 crunches
  • lunges 15 reps, 2x on each side
  • inverted leg raise 20 each side
     
As you can see, there are some multiples of things like jumping jacks, crunches, etc... I did that on purpose so I can incorporate those into my routine more frequently. When I draw my random "sticks" out of the cup, I put the ones I've completed aside so I won't redraw them. Does that make sense? Also, if I somehow draw ALL arm workouts or ALL abs or draw 2 of the jumping jack ones, I will put 1 or 2 back and draw again. I like to keep my mind and body confused.


I think if this cup could talk it would say "Don't fuck with me before my coffee or I will throw myself at your face"

Ok so there you have it. My workout plan. 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this....

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment