Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Today was PICTURE DAY!!

Today we decided to head to JCP to get some holiday/late birthday photos taken, which seemed like a great idea.... until we got there. Literally, the second we walked into the room Kinsley had a nuclear meltdown. My kid was flailing about screaming and crying and yelling how she wanted to go home for 20 minutes. I can't take her ANYWHERE. Thankfully we had Grandma there with us to help calm her down, and after some sweet gramma love we got some AWESOME pictures!! YAY!! I thought we were going to have to leave or just take pictures of her crying it was that bad. What I learned from this experience is that we are ONLY taking professional pictures on birthdays or very very special holidays because that was something I would prefer to not experience again for quite a while. I have had enough screaming tantrums this week to last me a lifetime it seems. But luckily for me, this is just the beginning (sarcasm).

A pic of the girls before they went to get their pictures taken. Did that make sense? A picture before a Picture.

On a side note, I am making a pork tenderloin in the crock pot for dinner tonight and it smells AMAZING. I have a brown sugar and balsamic glaze that I am trying with it. Here's the ingredients:
2lb boneless pork loin
salt - to taste
pepper- to taste
spoonful of minced garlic
Chicken Stock

for the glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water

I rubbed the salt, pepper, and garlic on the pork loin and wrapped it in saran wrap overnight then stuck it in the crock pot with some cut up potatoes and baby carrots. I filled it up with about 2 cups of chicken stock and the rest water, just barely covering the veggies. I let that cook for about 7 hours and when it was finished I took all the veggies and the majority of the liquids out and stuck them in a glass dish and put it in the oven to keep warm. I put all the ingredients for the glaze into a small sauce pan and let that simmer until it thickens (I suggest putting it on med-well) and once the glaze is done I brushed the roast a few times for the last hour and voila..... dinner is served! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I promise I will let you know how delish it is! I might even try adding a few pics of it too! Hope you all have a fantastic Thursday!!!!


UPDATE: dinner was super amazing!! I also recommend putting the glaze on the carrots, added a nice touch. anyway here ya go....

Whoa. YUM! I really love pepper hence the massive amount on my potatoes. Don't judge me.

The pork was so tender chunks of it kept trying to escape while I was scooping out the veggies!

This is how much juice I left in the pot when I started glazing it, just to give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment