Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Spicy Chex Mix

I am a huge fan of spicy food.... HUGE FAN! I love everything spicy. So why wouldn't I want to make spicy chex mix?! It is SOOOO delicious I am munching on it while I'm writing this. For those of you who don't like spicy food.... you can tweak the recipe to your tasting.

Since I don't like wheat chex or pretzels I decided to just use more of everything else.
What you need: (keep in mind you can add WHATEVER you want)
4 cups Rice Chex
4 cups Corn Chex
2 cups Ritz Munchables
1- 8oz. bag of sea salted cashews
6 tbsp. Butter or margarine
4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper or cayenne
1 tsp cajun seasoning

You can also add pretzels, rye chips, bagel chips... or whatever your heart desires. I would say 1-2 cups of whatever you prefer. Make it however you want!!! Go crazy!

First off, preheat your oven to 250 degrees.

Don't get jealous cuz my oven rocks. Old school baby!!!

Then, melt your butter in a microwave safe dish. Put it in a large roasting pan and add the Worcestershire, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and red pepper. Slowly mix in the rest of the ingredients and make sure to get all of it coated in the mixture.

This is all of it mixed up in a giant turkey roasting pan.
Shove your mix in the oven and make sure to stir it up every 15 minutes for an hour. I tasted mine about half way through and decided it wasn't salty enough for my taste so I added some garlic salt to the mix and continued baking it for another 30 minutes.

This little girl can't keep her hands out of it she loves it so much!
This stuff turned out DELICIOUS. It's salty and crunchy and sorta spicy.... it's perfect. And the little Ritz crackers are to die for. I highly recommend those things!!  Now go get your ass to the grocery store, pick up the ingredients and start making this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment