Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Chevron Side Table DIY



Navy Chevron 1950's Table DIY
 
This piece is very simple, slightly destroyed, but still a funky little table. I got it for free so I really didn't care what I was doing to it but I knew I didn't want to do anything too overwhelming. It's a very mid century/1950's piece, I thought it would be adorable for some plants or to unscrew the legs and hang it as a piece of wall art. So many possibilities! I opted for a thick chevron pattern, I've done chevron before so I knew what I was doing. I used a carpenter's square to get precise angles, measuring tape to make sure each chevron section was the same width apart, and then taped it down and got to work!

Total Cost: $9



The before. What a mess. I had to take off the shelf piece because it was completely broken on the other side. Not a big deal though!



Primed and taped. I used a carpenter's square to make a precise chevron. Pretty simple stuff.



Finished product!


This little guy just went off to a new home this evening. It really makes me happy that this stuff is selling so quick, I feel like I'm finally on the right track! Painting furniture makes me happy, it puts me in the zone and I feel such a sense of accomplishment once a piece is on it's way to looking like a million bucks! I will be posting several other items I have done so keep your eyes peeled!


No comments:

Post a Comment