Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Growing up is hard to do

Howdy folks. Well, it's a little over a week til the big day and life is absolutely insane. It's just chaotic and stressful and I just want to snuggle up with a bottle of wine and forget about everything. Where to begin? Okay, so my wedding dress has been at the alteration lady's forever it seems. It fit just right, then too small, just right, then too small, (weight gain, not her fault) and the last time I tried it on, it's way too big. I can see down the front. No bueno! I try it on again on Monday and am crossing my fingers it fits perfectly. Stress rating - 5

Next thing that might send me to a psych ward, I booked a DJ way way back in February and he said a few weeks before the wedding to fill out the song choices, etc. so I did that over a week ago. Nobody has e-mailed or called me. My mom has e-mailed him and nothing. I am going to be bridezilla if this guy flakes on us. Stress rating - 8

My darling daughter got the cutest haircut last week, it was growing kinda mullet-y so it needed to be cleaned up. And it looked great until yesterday when she decided to take things into her own hands and hack her bangs off with some scissors she found. She claimed that she couldn't see anything because they were in her face. They are so short, practically buzzed off kind of short, that it is beyond fixable. Stress rating - 100... not so much stressed about the wedding, she can wear a headband, but more stressed about the fact that I have to find a way to cover them up EVERY day until they grow out. F.M.L.


The damage is done... #shortbangsdontcare

So needless to say, life is throwing me these stupid little curveballs nonstop. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm also babysitting these other kids, and planning Kinsley's birthday party on top of finalizing wedding plans. I will be so so soooooo relieved once this is all said and done!!!! Although I am super nervous about being the center of attention all night. I am not a fan of having all eyes on me. If I make down the aisle without breaking out in hives, I will consider the day a success. Anyway, if you don't hear from me soon, it's because I've been shipped off to a mental institute. Toodleooo!

Oh PS- Smoothie Diet weight loss update: 6 lbs in 3 weeks. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment